Tuesday 19 June 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Right!
Its time for me to stop procrastinating, stop making excuses, stop blaming life and get on with it.  I have not done any writing for so long I can feel the brain cells groaning and finger joints creaking with rust and corrosion.

Yes, life is tough and we all have our ups and downs.  But, I have walked the Drakensburg, clambered around the Pennines and “done” the peak of Snowdon (not by train).  So watch out Everest I am on my way to the top.  Besides I am my mother’s daughter and made of some pretty strong stuff.

Today is my Dad’s birthday.  When he passed 4 weeks ago I promised him that I would continue with my writing and more importantly continue with my book.  I am sad to say I have not written a word.  I have thought long and hard about it as I had lost my way slightly (a lot). 

Writing a novel is not easy.  Silly of me to think it was.  I seem to be going in circles and characters, events, ideas change continuously.  So my plan to start with, is to make an effort to write something everyday.  Yes, everyday.  Even if it is just to say, “Hey world …. What’s happening?” 

The more you write the more you want to write and the more the creative juices flow.  I hope.  Well that is my thinking behind it all.  I find my problem is I want it to happen too quickly and I want it done NOW!  I am impatient and I put too much pressure on myself.  So I’m slowing the pace down (do you hear that brain?)  I’m slowing the pace down and going one step at a time.

Even if I am the only one reading my blog?
My rambling thoughts will come together.
Consolidate
Eventually
For me
And my dad

Happy Birthday Dad.  Love you and miss you.
PS – Dad, please keep an eye on my English and spelling.  My brain works faster than my fingers at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment